Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dabug007 dabug007 is offline

Default Different first page margin

I'd like to set up a letter that prints the first page on letterhead and
subsequent pages on blank paper. I need to set the first page margin at 2.3
inches and subsequent pages at 1 inch.

I've used a continuous section break to do so, but if I then edit the text
of the letter, the section break no longer falls at the end of the first page
(it comes too soon on page 1 if I remove text, or wraps to page 2 if I add
text).

Is there a way to set different margins that doesn't run into this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For the best way to create a letterhead in Word, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dabug007" wrote in message
I'd like to set up a letter that prints the first page on letterhead and
subsequent pages on blank paper. I need to set the first page margin at
2.3
inches and subsequent pages at 1 inch.

I've used a continuous section break to do so, but if I then edit the text
of the letter, the section break no longer falls at the end of the first
page
(it comes too soon on page 1 if I remove text, or wraps to page 2 if I add
text).

Is there a way to set different margins that doesn't run into this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You are welcome.

--