Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oviyanda Oviyanda is offline

Default Using Background Pics in word 2007

I have windows Vista. I created a beautiful Doc. with a photo for background
it looks gorgeous on screen yet when I print I get tiny size pics that repeat
instead of the way it looks on the screen.I tried saving it and printing and
going into properties on my printer and changing how it is to print but to no
avail. HELP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you choose Office Print Print Preview, does it look correct?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Oviyanda" wrote in message
I have windows Vista. I created a beautiful Doc. with a photo for
background
it looks gorgeous on screen yet when I print I get tiny size pics that
repeat
instead of the way it looks on the screen.I tried saving it and printing
and
going into properties on my printer and changing how it is to print but to
no
avail. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I can confirm Oviyanda's description, but I can also say that I get
the same behavior in Word 2003, and I think I remember seeing it in
Word 2002 as well.

Print Preview shows the picture occupying the entire page. The printed
page has many copies of the picture, about 1/2 inch square, tiled. The
Print Layout view shows different sizes and numbers of tiles,
depending on the zoom setting.

My physical printer is a Canon S530D photo printer. I get the same
tiny tile result if I print to PDF in Word 2007, while I get larger
tiles (but still not the full page) if I print to SnagIt 8 from Word
2003.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Oviyanda" wrote in message
I have windows Vista. I created a beautiful Doc. with a photo for
background
it looks gorgeous on screen yet when I print I get tiny size pics that
repeat
instead of the way it looks on the screen.I tried saving it and printing
and
going into properties on my printer and changing how it is to print but to
no
avail. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oviyanda Oviyanda is offline

Yes it looks awesome on print preview but that is not how it prints. I even
tried setting the printer preferences as if I was printing a photo but it
still comes out the little tiles.

"Oviyanda" wrote in message
I have windows Vista. I created a beautiful Doc. with a photo for
background
it looks gorgeous on screen yet when I print I get tiny size pics that
repeat
instead of the way it looks on the screen.I tried saving it and printing
and
going into properties on my printer and changing how it is to print but to
no
avail. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oviyanda Oviyanda is offline

I have an HP all in one printer.I just had a thought I have not tried yet.I
wonder if I saved it as a web page first and then tried to print.Do you think
that might work?

"Oviyanda" wrote in message
I have windows Vista. I created a beautiful Doc. with a photo for
background
it looks gorgeous on screen yet when I print I get tiny size pics that
repeat
instead of the way it looks on the screen.I tried saving it and printing
and
going into properties on my printer and changing how it is to print but to
no
avail. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I can't replicate the problem you & Jay are seeing. There are several ways
to use a background picture. How are you doing it?

When I use the Watermark feature (in the Page Layout ribbon), setting Scale:
to Auto, I get a single image (regardless of the size of the image) when
printing (to XPS, PDF, etc.).

When I insert a picture into the header or footer (behind text) and set the
color to washout, I also end up with a single image when printing.

If I use the Page Color - Fill - Picture method to create the background,
then I'm completely unable to control the picture, but I still have
WYSIWYG -- what I see in Print Preview is still what I get when printing.

--

"Oviyanda" wrote in message
I have windows Vista. I created a beautiful Doc. with a photo for
background
it looks gorgeous on screen yet when I print I get tiny size pics that
repeat
instead of the way it looks on the screen.I tried saving it and
printing
and
going into properties on my printer and changing how it is to print
but to
no
avail. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I get the tiling effect only when I use the Page Color - Fill -
Picture method; the other two methods do produce full-size prints. As
I said, this isn't new, as I get the same results in Word 2003 with
Format - Background - Fill Effects - Picture.

--
Jay