vlasi47gr

Default Copying excell to word

I am having trouble copyingfrom excell into word. I copy a section of a
worksheet into a word document. When I copy another section of the
spreadsheet into word, it does not match up with the first.

Although the total of cell widths are the same, one will paste to where the
right end will be about 2" from the edge of the document while the other
pastes beyond the edge of the document. They wont line up properly. Does
anyone have a solution?
--
Nick
CyberTaz

In order for anyone to offer a meaningful suggestion you need to furnish
_much_ more information:

What version of Excel, Word?

Exactly what steps are you taking to select & copy as well as paste?

What do you mean by "total of cell widths"?

Any additional detail might also prove useful.

Regards |:)

"vlasi47gr" wrote:

I am having trouble copyingfrom excell into word. I copy a section of a
worksheet into a word document. When I copy another section of the
spreadsheet into word, it does not match up with the first.

Although the total of cell widths are the same, one will paste to where the
right end will be about 2" from the edge of the document while the other
pastes beyond the edge of the document. They wont line up properly. Does
anyone have a solution?
--
Nick

vlasi47gr

I am using office 2000 for both excel and word. I am trying to copy from one
worksheet where the data is primarly vertical. There are not more than ten
columns of data. various sections of that data have merged cells, and not
all columns have the same width.

All the data is located in columns 1 through 10. I copy rows 1 through 5
and paste to my word document. Everything lines up just as I planned. I
then copy rows 4 through 9 and paste to my word document but the columns from
the first copy and paste do not line up with the second copy and paste.

Since this is a quotation and the tenth column is the $ amount I want all
the $ to line up. They dont. Also cells that are lined up in the worksheet,
no longer line up when I paste to word. Although if I print directly from
the excell worksheet it prints perfectly.

I can't understand why it wont line up in word.

Nick