Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Calucin Calucin is offline

Default Filtering files using wildcards

I'm currently taking an Introduction to MS Word 2007 on-line course and am
having a problem with filtering files using wildcards. The instructor gave
us the following info:

What if you wanted to find all files that ended with a certain sequence of
characters? Well, here's an example: suppose you need a list of all files
that end with the word budget, such as 2003 budget, or 2004 BUDGET, or First
Quarter Budget or Division E Materials Budget, or even fussbudget.

Well, here's all you need to do: click in the File Name field and type the
following:

*budget

This does not work? Am I doing something wrong, or is the info the
instrucior gave incorrect?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Actually that should work in Word 2007 to locate all filenames *ending* in
budget, but if you want all filenames containing 'budget' you should use
*budget* or merely budget without the wildcard.

Calucin wrote:
I'm currently taking an Introduction to MS Word 2007 on-line course
and am having a problem with filtering files using wildcards. The
instructor gave us the following info:

What if you wanted to find all files that ended with a certain
sequence of characters? Well, here's an example: suppose you need a
list of all files that end with the word budget, such as 2003 budget,
or 2004 BUDGET, or First Quarter Budget or Division E Materials
Budget, or even fussbudget.

Well, here's all you need to do: click in the File Name field and
type the following:

*budget

This does not work? Am I doing something wrong, or is the info the
instrucior gave incorrect?

Thanks

Editing recipients by filtering KimC Mailmerge 2 May 25th 07 06:43 PM
Filtering on dates in Word2003 Jon Mailmerge 1 September 5th 05 04:58 PM
filtering a column kennmr Tables 1 July 27th 05 10:06 PM
Filtering Data Denise H. via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 3 May 13th 05 09:47 PM
Filtering Data Louise Mailmerge 0 February 1st 05 05:01 PM