Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank Bailey Frank Bailey is offline

Default Highlight a portion of a scanned document.

I scanned a document in from "Insert", "Picture" then "From Scanner or
Camera". Now I want to "highlight" something within the document that I
scanned. I know if you have other software (like Adobe Photoshop), you can
modify the "picture". I want to only use "Word" tools (I have Word 2003). Is
there a way to make the scanned image a "form" and then fill out the form and
highlight that? Please help.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:17:01 -0800, Frank Bailey
wrote:

I scanned a document in from "Insert", "Picture" then "From Scanner or
Camera". Now I want to "highlight" something within the document that I
scanned. I know if you have other software (like Adobe Photoshop), you can
modify the "picture". I want to only use "Word" tools (I have Word 2003). Is
there a way to make the scanned image a "form" and then fill out the form and
highlight that? Please help.

Thanks,

You need a separate piece of software called Optical Character
Recognition (OCR) that "reads" the picture from the scanner and writes
a Word document.

If you have installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging from the CD,
that has a limited OCR capability. Otherwise you'll need to buy
something such as OmniPage (http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/) or
FineReader (http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_ocr/).

--
Regards,