Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
petersk petersk is offline

Default Heading 1 modifying numbering in MS Word 2007

In MS Word 2003 it was possible to change the numbering in a heading (1) to
something like "Capter I", by changing the way it is numbered. Now in MS
Word 2007, when I try the same, it puts a tab after the entry. I cannot get
rid of the tab. Any suggestions to get rid of it?
Kurt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

Peter, click on the dropdown arrow on the Outline numbering button (button
displays as "1--- a--- i---" in the Home tab/Paragraph group) and select
"Define New Multilevel List." (A button for the Define New Multilevel List
tool can be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.) When the D.N.M.L. window
opens, click on the More button to display the right side of the window. Down
at the bottom right corner of that window, you can select Tab character,
Space, or Nothing for what follows the number.

In our office, we use the Outline numbering tool for ALL our auto-numbering,
which gives us much more flexibility in setting up how the numbers appear on
the page.

Cyndie Browning
Tulsa, OK