Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Help

I am in a court case with a neighbor, going to court today at 10:am
I need to know what time I wrote a letter that pertains to this case..
I used Microsoft Word. I didnt put a date or time on the letter..
I did however save the letter.. I am running Microsoft Word XP.
Please help me I posted this question with another website earlier
yesterday, and they emailed me back and said they had an answer. But I
could not find it any where much less my Question
I need the answer in 7-hours for my court case today..
Thank You
Note I am new to this site, and I have no clue how to get the answers
once they are posted.. So could you please send me an email with the
answer to

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:05:19 +0000 from :
I am in a court case with a neighbor, going to court today at 10:am
I need to know what time I wrote a letter that pertains to this case..
I used Microsoft Word. I didnt put a date or time on the letter..

Find the letter file in Explorer, and right-click on it. Select
Properties. That will show you date and time created. (If you can't
find it in Explorer, try Search with a phrase that's in the letter,
and that might find it.)

However, nothing you can get off your computer is what I would call
proof for a court case -- the best it can do is refresh your memory.
In other words, it can help you avoid making an honset mistake but it
can't rule out a deliberate lie. For instance, you could very well
have changed your computer's date and time five minutes ago, created
the letter, then changed the computer date/time back, if you were
trying to create a false trail.

Understand I'm not saying you _did_ do this or _would_ do this, just
that it's possible. And since it's possible, it means that the date
and time on a file don't prove anything in a legal sense.

Someone else suggested the CREATEDATE field within Word. This has all
the above disadvantages, _plus_ you actually have to alter the file.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/