Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sue Sue is offline

Default Pleadings and page numbering

I downloaded the Pleadings Form with 28 lines. I would like to have page
numbers on all of the pages except the first page; however, when I click
"different first page", the numbered lines disappear on the left side. How
can I keep the numbered lines on page 1 without a page number, and have page
numbers on the remaining pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I believe that template makes use of a text box (or possibly a frame) in the
header for line numbering purposes. Double-click the header paragraph to
activate the header/footer area. Select the text box and copy it to the
clipboard. Then choose "Different first page." Make sure to paste the text
box into the first page header to see the line numbers on all pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP