Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattWood MattWood is offline

Default Appending Word document to email resets TOC and x-ref page numbers

Scenario:

1. Generalte in an MS Word document a good TOC, and verify cross-reference
links are correct.
2. Attach source document to an email message.
3. Open the attached file before sending it. All TOC and crtoss-reference
page numbers have reset to page 2 and/or 3! If you send the email, all
recipents will see the incorrect TOC and x-ref page numbers.

This problem happens every time, regardless of whether you use Outlook or a
third-party Web mailer! It is also happening to several other people I work
with. I cannot begin to figure out what's going on here. Has anyone else seen
this? Help!