Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Talia

Default How do I stop a old document from loading each time I open my New

For some reason when I click on my Microsoft Word icon to open a new document
and old document keeps loading as my new document. How do I stop this old
document from loading eveytime I want to use Word? Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Does it actually open that document or it is a new document with text? Look
at the name of the file. It should be document1, document2, etc.

If it is a new doc, please see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm and then thank
Suzanne.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Talia" wrote in message
For some reason when I click on my Microsoft Word icon to open a new
document
and old document keeps loading as my new document. How do I stop this old
document from loading eveytime I want to use Word? Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anup

search for normal.dot and rename them as 1normal.dot, 2normal.dot, etc. and
then open word
--
Anup

"Talia" wrote:

For some reason when I click on my Microsoft Word icon to open a new document
and old document keeps loading as my new document. How do I stop this old
document from loading eveytime I want to use Word? Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Talia

Default How do I stop a old document from loading each time I open my

Suzzane!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

"Talia" wrote in message
For some reason when I click on my Microsoft Word icon to open a new
document
and old document keeps loading as my new document. How do I stop this old
document from loading eveytime I want to use Word? Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Suzanne is a VERY knowledgeable woman, isn't she? I'm in awe of her
knowledge of Word. (And I've learned never spell her name Susanne.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Talia" wrote in message
Suzzane!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

"Talia" wrote in message
For some reason when I click on my Microsoft Word icon to open a new
document
and old document keeps loading as my new document. How do I stop this
old
document from loading eveytime I want to use Word? Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

And if there are multiple versions of normal.dot, something else may be
wrong as well.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Talia" wrote:

For some reason when I click on my Microsoft Word icon to open a new
document
and old document keeps loading as my new document. How do I stop this
old
document from loading eveytime I want to use Word? Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome. g

"Talia" wrote in message
Suzzane!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!