Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leeanne@LDMKUSA Leeanne@LDMKUSA is offline

Default Document opens with Control Tool Box in edit mode

I created a form with over 100 yes/no option button selections. When I saved
the form I made sure that the Control Tool Box was not in the edit mode. Now,
each time I or someone else opens the document the Control Tool Box is in the
edit mode and they can't access the option buttons. How do I get the document
to open with the Control Tool Box not in the edit mode.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Leeanne@LDMKUSA wrote:
I created a form with over 100 yes/no option button selections. When
I saved the form I made sure that the Control Tool Box was not in the
edit mode. Now, each time I or someone else opens the document the
Control Tool Box is in the edit mode and they can't access the option
buttons. How do I get the document to open with the Control Tool Box
not in the edit mode.

Set your macro security level (Tools Macro Security) to Medium. When you
open the document, click the Enable button. Anyone else who uses the form
will have to do the same.

The option buttons are ActiveX and are therefore lumped in with macros as
security threats. When macros are blocked, ActiveX controls are also
blocked, with the symptom that the document opens in design mode.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman