Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dan_403 dan_403 is offline

Default Underline grayed out in unprotected area

Maybe a bug I'm not sure, but when I am editing within an unprotected area of
a protected document the underline button is grayed out. I am still able to
underline by going through the font options. Is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong. The Bold and Italics still works?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?ZGFuXzQwMw==?=,

Maybe a bug I'm not sure, but when I am editing within an unprotected area of
a protected document the underline button is grayed out. I am still able to
underline by going through the font options. Is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong. The Bold and Italics still works?

I think it sounds like a bug (oversight might be the better description). Which
version of Word is this?

You should be able to use Ctrl+U to apply the underline more quickly than going
over the dialog box.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org