Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roderick[_2_] Roderick[_2_] is offline

Default rollback in Word 2007?

I have a Word 2007 template (dotm) working in Vista Business.

Today I added some more procedures to a module. Compiled and saved these.
Closed the template. Ran it again and tested the results.

Based on the results, I had to make some minor changes to the coding. As I
was comparing items on the ribbon and looking at the VBA, Word crashed and
then restarted. I reopened the template, opened the VBA editor and all the
new coding I had added had completeley disappeared. Just the original coding
was left.

It's as if the template had gone back to the point where I started the new
coding. I've never experienced this apparent "rollback" to an earlier
version.

I couldn't believe my eyes!

I supose I have three questions:
Is rollback what really happened?
How can I prevent it?
and
Has a copy the full version been put into some obscure folder? I've searched
for some likely renaming but nothing appeared.

Can anyone offer some thoughts on this, please?

Roderick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Roderick,

I have a Word 2007 template (dotm) working in Vista Business.

Today I added some more procedures to a module. Compiled and saved these.
Closed the template. Ran it again and tested the results.

Based on the results, I had to make some minor changes to the coding. As I
was comparing items on the ribbon and looking at the VBA, Word crashed and
then restarted. I reopened the template, opened the VBA editor and all the
new coding I had added had completeley disappeared. Just the original coding
was left.

It's as if the template had gone back to the point where I started the new
coding. I've never experienced this apparent "rollback" to an earlier
version.

I couldn't believe my eyes!

I supose I have three questions:
Is rollback what really happened?

I would rather suspect that you'd never explicitly saved the changes you were
making, so when Word crashed they were lost?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)