Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Dullingham Mark Dullingham is offline

Default Is it possible to change the font colour of a cross reference

I have set up numbered headings and was manually cross referencing them ie
(see 1.2.3) until I found Words cross reference function. The only thing is
as I have set the cross reference to be a hyperlink is there any way if
changing the font colour to indicate to the reader it does something.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWFyayBEdWxsaW5naGFt?=,

I have set up numbered headings and was manually cross referencing them ie
(see 1.2.3) until I found Words cross reference function. The only thing is
as I have set the cross reference to be a hyperlink is there any way if
changing the font colour to indicate to the reader it does something.

Inserting a cross-reference with the \h switch (for hyperlink) will not change
the font. That's because Word is designed for the print media, so generally
one would not want to see a font change in the text.

You'd have to create a style (or set of styles) that apply (for example)
underline formatting to the text.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org