Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoplay Geoplay is offline

Default document position

onewhen I open one document in normal view, it is on the left of the screen.
How can I position it in the center of the screen? In Print Layout view it is
in the center.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no option for changing the alignment of a document in Normal view,
but here are a few things you can do to move it to the right:

1. Set a positive "Style area width" (Tools | Options | View).

2. Display the Document Map.

3. Display Thumbnails (if available in your version).

Thumbnails and Document map are mutually exclusive, but either can be
combined with the style area. Moreover, both are panes of adjustable width,
so you can make them as wide as you like.

If this is Word 2003, you have another option. In Print Layout view, hide
the white space between pages (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm). This will give you the
same continuous view of the document that you get in Normal view, but it
will be centered and will also be more WYSIWYG.

"Geoplay" wrote in message
onewhen I open one document in normal view, it is on the left of the
screen.
How can I position it in the center of the screen? In Print Layout view it
is
in the center.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoplay Geoplay is offline

Thank you;My version is 2002, so thumbnails is not available, but your other
steps have allowed me to re-align the document successfully.