Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marcus Marcus is offline

Default Moving MS Office (OEM) to another machine

Does anybody know if I can remove MS Office 2003 (OEM Version) from one of
my machines (PC) and install it on my other machine (laptop). Would it be
legal? If I understood the EULA correctly, this seems to be not allowed...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

An OEM version of any software is licensed only for the machine it comes
installed on.

http://word.mvps.org

"Marcus" wrote in message
Does anybody know if I can remove MS Office 2003 (OEM Version) from one of
my machines (PC) and install it on my other machine (laptop). Would it be
legal? If I understood the EULA correctly, this seems to be not allowed...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Correct, an OEM license of Microsoft Office is permanently tied
to the computer it came installed on by the computer
manufacturer, and cannot be legally transferred to or installed
on any other computer.

Marcus wrote:

Does anybody know if I can remove MS Office 2003 (OEM Version) from one
of my machines (PC) and install it on my other machine (laptop). Would
it be legal? If I understood the EULA correctly, this seems to be not
allowed...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Marcus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers