Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Can't remove line in Word document...

It's probably a paragraph border. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 19:26:07 -0500, "silas"
wrote:

Hi. This is a weird one: I copied some info from a web page, which includes
an image and text. I reformatted the text to remove the embedded tables but
there's a horizontal line I just can't get rid of.

I tried placing the cursor before it and hitting 'delete', then after it and
hitting 'backspace'. If I place the cursor above it and hit 'enter' it moves
down the page with the text. I can't highlight it or otherwise move it. It's
not an underline nor a drawn line. I can't drag it off the page. It just
sits there, below the graphic and above my text, seemingly mocking my
efforts.

I'd appreciate any useful advice.

Thanks.