Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

Default Writing in colour

I'm writing this on behalf of my dear wife Fay, who is not a Newsgroup
person...

Being only a part time user of Word myself (Word 2007) as I use other apps
for my work, I'm not sure if what she asks is possible, or if it is, how
to set it up, so asking the experts here seemed a good start.

She is sent documents to edit, Sentence construction, grammar, "spellin",
punctuation etc... The whole kit n caboodle.

The normal process is, she does the work and sends back the reconstructed
doc file, obviously with a different name.

In most cases the recipient is very happy with the work (She really is
very good at it) but occasionally someone will ask that every single
change she makes in their badly written document is hilighted in a
different colour. (Believe me "Badly written" in many cases is a gross
understatement)

Question therefore is this:
Is there something she can set up in Word (2007) so that everything *she
writes/corrects* in the document is in a different colour to the base
text... Say the normal hilight colour of Yellow?
But only things she writes/edits?

My first guess was setting up a Style, but that didn't works correctly.

Help would be appreciated.

Dave

PS: Manually going through the doc after editing is not really an option
as the docs can be anything up to 20K worth of words.

D.

--

Dave Triffid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check out the function called track Changes, this will do all your wife
wants, and much more.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for further details.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Dave Symes" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Dave,

Check out Word's 'Track Changes' feature (on the 'Review' tab in Word 2007) and its various options.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Dave Symes" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

"Dave Symes" wrote:

I'm writing this on behalf of my dear wife Fay, who is not a Newsgroup
person...

[Snip]

Thanks for that bit o' info, appreciated.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
I'm writing this on behalf of my dear wife Fay, who is not a Newsgroup
person...

Thanks for that, looks like just what she's after.
Dave

--

Dave Triffid