Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jacquleyn Jacquleyn is offline

Default lock a individual cell in Word 2007 table

Help, I need to buld a lot of forms and need to lock several cells but need
to lock individually in Word 2007.
--
Jacquelyn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:43:01 -0700, Jacquleyn
wrote:

Help, I need to buld a lot of forms and need to lock several cells but need
to lock individually in Word 2007.

You cannot "lock" an individual cell in any version of Word. What you
can do may seem a bit odd: you can lock the entire document, but then
unprotect everything except the cells of interest.

Start by clicking the Protect Document button on the Review ribbon, to
open the task pane. Check the box under Editing Restrictions, leaving
the dropdown set to "No changes". That locks the whole document.

Now select everything from the top of the document up to, but not
including, the first cell to be locked. Check the box to allow an
exception for "Everyone".

Select from the cell after the ones to be protected, up to the end of
the document and again check the exception for "Everyone".

If there are unprotected cells between the protected ones, select them
and check the exception for "Everyone".

Click the Start Protection button and optionally enter a password.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman