Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default Keeping file size down

Using Word 2002 in Windows XP.
I know that images can add a great deal to file sizes. I believe I once
read (on a PowerPoint forum) that cutting an image and re-pasting it back as
a "Special Paste" JPEG can markedly reduce the file size. Is that true?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sort of, but I would recommend downloading the free graphics editor,
IrfanView. Copy or open the graphic in IrfanView and use the Image |
Resize/Resample (Ctrl+R) function to set the exact size needed and change
the dpi to either 72 dpi (if the document is only going to be viewed on
screen) or possibly 144 dpi or higher if it is going to be printed. Then
save the graphic as a jpeg. Reinsert the graphic into Word using the Insert

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP