Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default Word 2002 and Windows 7

It seems that Windows 7 will run XP software in a virtual operating mode. I
assume that means Windows 7 will not run XP software - including Office XP
suite - natively.

Am I correct? Buying all new software is expensive and this would be a good
reason to not buy a new PC with Vista or Windows 7 pre-installed.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

Windows 7 supports all versions of Office commencing with Office 97. No
'virtual operating mode' is needed.

Daddy

wrote in message
It seems that Windows 7 will run XP software in a virtual operating mode.
I assume that means Windows 7 will not run XP software - including Office
XP suite - natively.

Am I correct? Buying all new software is expensive and this would be a
good reason to not buy a new PC with Vista or Windows 7 pre-installed.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Most software that runs under Vista will run in Win7. Office XP runs in
Vista. The only current problem is if you use Windows Live Mail as your mail
client, the Windows Live Add-in causes havoc with Office: so make sure not
to install the add-in until we know it is fixed.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
It seems that Windows 7 will run XP software in a virtual operating mode.
I assume that means Windows 7 will not run XP software - including Office
XP suite - natively.

Am I correct? Buying all new software is expensive and this would be a
good reason to not buy a new PC with Vista or Windows 7 pre-installed.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Thank you both. Appreciate the info.

I need a new laptop and have been holding off because I did not want to go
to Vista or into the unknown world of W7. I've got all sorts of
customizations in my XP and would hate to learn a new OS.

Jeff