Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kami Kami is offline

Default Mouse functionality to highlight & move has quite working in Word

My mouse functionality to highlight text and move about a document has
stopped working in Word only. It works fine in Excel, online, etc., but I am
unable to select text or move about a Word document. The scroll works in
Word, but the mouse location doesn't move, it just moves the document across
the screen. It doesn't matter if it's a new document or an existing document
- the error still occurs. Help - I'm trying to complete an urgent project
in a 30 page document, and this sudden challenge is creating a real
challenge.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RogueCyclist. RogueCyclist. is offline

I am having exactly the same problem. I attempted to delete Office and
reinstall it but I am still unable to select/move/highlight text in the
document using my mouse. I am also getting a "Office has stopped working"
pop up every time I shut down Word. I definitely need help -- Word is just
about useless if I can't select text with the mouse.