Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thorbjorn Thorbjorn is offline

Default Removing image only visible in reading layout

I have a Word 2003 document where an image is visible in reading layout but
in no other views. It appears to be in the header. I want to remove it;
however, this is not possible as I cannot select the image in reading view.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnBlack JohnBlack is offline

If you view your document in the print layout and doubleclick the header you
should be able to selct the picture and delete it.

"Thorbjorn" wrote:

I have a Word 2003 document where an image is visible in reading layout but
in no other views. It appears to be in the header. I want to remove it;
however, this is not possible as I cannot select the image in reading view.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, I'm back with what may actually be help. Fellow MVPs have provided two
macros that have been known to help in similar instances. Either is worth a
try. I have no VBA expertise, but my reading of the macros suggests that
they are intended to make the image(s) visible (so you can see and delete
them) rather than to remove them.

Macro 1:
Sub RevealHiddenPicture()
Dim shp As Word.Shape
For Each shp In ActiveDocument.Shapes
If shp.Left 0 And shp.Top 0 Then
shp.Top = 50
shp.Left = 50
End If
Next
End Sub

Macro 2:
Sub RevealHiddenPicture()
Dim shp As Word.Shape
Dim i As Long
i = 10
For Each shp In ActiveDocument.Shapes
shp.Top = i
shp.Left = i
i = i + 5
Next
End Sub

If you don't know what to do with them, see

"Thorbjorn" wrote in message
I have a Word 2003 document where an image is visible in reading layout but
in no other views. It appears to be in the header. I want to remove it;
however, this is not possible as I cannot select the image in reading
view.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I'm back again. I've been told that the macros I supplied before won't
work if the image is not in the main document body. sigh This one will
work if you place the insertion point in the header (or any other "story,"
such as footnotes) before running it:

Sub MoveShapesInStory()
Dim shp As Word.Shape
Dim rng As Word.Range