Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JJohnson JJohnson is offline

Default Locked document

I can not type anything in my word document, I put in the product key seversl
times, but it still says that "this modification is not allowed because the
selection is locked". Please help me my homework is due tomorrow and i've
been at this for two days now!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

What happens if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button | Word
Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already activated, a dialog
box saying so will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation
Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase a key)
online.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"jjohnson" wrote:

I can not type anything in my word document, I put in the product key seversl
times, but it still says that "this modification is not allowed because the
selection is locked". Please help me my homework is due tomorrow and i've
been at this for two days now!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Is this just one document or all documents? If it is the latter, then you
probably have a trial version that has expired and is in lockdown mode.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"jjohnson" wrote in message
I can not type anything in my word document, I put in the product key
seversl
times, but it still says that "this modification is not allowed because
the
selection is locked". Please help me my homework is due tomorrow and i've
been at this for two days now!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jessica Fe Jessica Fe is offline

I am having the same problem. This has happened to me TWICE while in the
MIDDLE of using OneNote DURING class. I'll be fine for about 30-45 minutes
and then all of a sudden it will lock up. NOTHING microsoft will then left
me type. The first time I restarted the computer and then everything was
fine. I have restarted and recharged a number of times since this morning
and it will still not let me type. The first time that this happened i was
using a trial version. I have since then purchased the product online and
ACTIVATED It fully. it will STILL not let me type.

"jjohnson" wrote in message
I can not type anything in my word document, I put in the product key
seversl
times, but it still says that "this modification is not allowed because
the
selection is locked". Please help me my homework is due tomorrow and i've
been at this for two days now!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Did you uninstall the trial version before installing the retail version?
Which version of Word are you using? Why are you posting here and not in the
OneNote newsgroup?

Terry