jokelly27 jokelly27 is offline
Junior Member

Question New Installation

I have used Word 2000 for a while and have created documents with this. However I have just sent for Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 which will replace this. Do I have to uninstall the old Word 2000 before I attempt the new installation and are there any tips for doing this successfully? Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default New Installation

You can run Word 2000 and Word 2007 side by side, and I would actually
advise doing this until you become comfortable in Word 2007 (though there
are those who argue that the quickest way to learn Word 2007 is total
immersion). When you install Office 2007, you will be given the choice of
replacing an older version or not. The only drawback to *not* replacing is
that Office will not install Outlook 2007 (because only one version of
Outlook can exist on a given system), but since the Home & Student edition
doesn't include Outlook, this will not be an issue in your case.

The chief drawback is that Word will, by default, open documents in whatever
version of Word you had open last. When you start the other version, you'll
get a message about "Configuring...," but you can get around this with a
Registry edit, described at
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...03-coexisting/

http://word.mvps.org

--
jokelly27

Installation JRO Mtn Group Microsoft Word Help 1 November 14th 08 06:25 PM
Installation destination CurleyLion Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 08 04:20 PM
installation jesse Microsoft Word Help 3 April 6th 07 03:05 AM
help with installation P D Sterling New Users 4 May 5th 06 03:58 PM
How to get rid of the installation? Á÷À˵ÄË«Óã New Users 1 February 23rd 06 10:59 AM