RenesAngel1975

Default spellcheck

is there a way to update or get new dictionaries for spell check. I am using
Word 97
Beth Melton

Can you expand on what you mean? Do you mean a dictionary for another
language?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"RenesAngel1975" wrote in
message ...
is there a way to update or get new dictionaries for spell check. I
am using
Word 97

RenesAngel1975

The version of Word that I have came with Windows Office 97. It is the Dutch
version. I dont think that the Dictionary for english is functioning
properly. is there a way to get a english dictionary for this edition of Word.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Can you expand on what you mean? Do you mean a dictionary for another
language?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"RenesAngel1975" wrote in
message ...
is there a way to update or get new dictionaries for spell check. I
am using
Word 97

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmVuZXNBbmdlbDE5NzU=?=,

The version of Word that I have came with Windows Office 97. It is the Dutch
version. I dont think that the Dictionary for english is functioning
properly. is there a way to get a english dictionary for this edition of Word.

All non-English languages of Word do come with the English proofing tools. So
you need to go through the Control Panel/Add programs and choose to "Change" the
current installation of Office. You'll need the original CD.

Drill down through the application offerings, under the general Office
categories (such as Office tools) to find the proofing tools. Make sure the
proofing tools for English are selected. When you OK, setup should install them.

Then, in order to use English spell check, you have to select the text in the
Word document and format it with English, using Tools/Lanuage/Set language.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)