Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MLB MLB is offline

Default In Word 2007, how do I insert the filename and path in the footer?

In Word 2007, how do I insert the filename and path in the footer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

On the Insert tab, select the Footer command. Scroll clear to the bottom of
the list and select Edit Footer.

While inside the footer area - select the Insert Tab again, and select the
Quick Parts command. Select Field... Locate the FileName field. Be sure to
place a checkmark in the Path option.

If this is something that you are going to do reasonably frequently - select
the field and all the information in the footer. From the Quick Parts
command, select Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery. Name the QuickPart
something like *File and Path*. Change the Gallery to Footers.

Now when you select the Footers command, it will be listed.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"MLB" wrote in message
In Word 2007, how do I insert the filename and path in the footer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MLB MLB is offline

Default In Word 2007, how do I insert the filename and path in the foo

Dawn...you are WONDERFUL! Thank you so much! MLB