Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa

Default word document locked and not linking

A form has been created in MS Word and there is a link for people to view an
example of how to complete the form. Once the form was set to be protected
the form works but the link does not work. What have I done wrong and how can
I set the form to "protect" and the link to work?
Much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nksInForms.htm.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Teresa" wrote in message
A form has been created in MS Word and there is a link for people to view
an
example of how to complete the form. Once the form was set to be protected
the form works but the link does not work. What have I done wrong and how
can
I set the form to "protect" and the link to work?
Much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa

No sorry this did not help. The actual form is created in Word and posted on
the intranet as a word document. The padlock is switched on so that people
filling in the form only have access to the field available for them.
However, there is a link for people to select if they wish to view an example
of how the form should be filled in and this link does not work once the
padlock is switched on.
Again I reiterate that this is not done in HTML but created and put up on
our intranet as a word document which is locked.
Can you help or does anyone else in your area can give me assistance.
Much appreciated.
Teresa

"Teresa" wrote in message
A form has been created in MS Word and there is a link for people to view
an
example of how to complete the form. Once the form was set to be protected
the form works but the link does not work. What have I done wrong and how
can
I set the form to "protect" and the link to work?
Much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I'm sorry, too. That is the only solution I know of if you want to use
hyperlinks and protected forms.

You can put sample text in the form fields or even longer explanations. You
can also put help text in the status line or available to the F1 key.
Finally, you can format your instructions as hidden so they won't print. If
your users have the view option turned on so they can see hidden text, you
can give your instructions that way.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. The latter articles get into userforms and
other methods. They are far more flexible than online forms but also require
vba knowledge.

Hope this helps,