Silvia

Default Normal.dot.old

Hi,
my WordXP (on WinXP) does not recognize that there is a normal.dot already
existing. Word changes MY normal.dot to normal.dot.old and generates a new
normal.dot.
This only happens when I open Word for the first time.
Here are some background informations:
I am working in a network. I have an folder in the network on a server which
is for the templates. And I work on a few computers. I have added several
macros and many other things to my normal.dot. When I then go to another
computer, start Word, then Word does not use my normal.dot on the network
server. Instead Word creates a new normal.dot IN THE SAME FOLDER on the
network. So Word knows where my template folder is.
Can anybody tell my why word does not use MY normal.dot??? We have about
5000 User and I don´t want to go to every computer to change the
normal.dot.old back to normal.dot!! Because this happens every user on every
computer.

Thank you very much for any help!!!
Silvia
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2lsdmlh?=,

Best place to address this is the word.setup.networking newsgroup, or possibly
in office.setup. Most likely, it's a network-specific (installation?) setting.
Have you checked the Office Resource Kit (ORK)?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)