Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Default Distributing building blocks

I'm trying to follow the help instructions in topic Save and distribute
building blocks with a template, and I find that the instructions do not
work. I'm running Word 2007 under XP Pro. I'm trying to take a text box
building block that I created, send it to someone else (also running Word
2007 under XP Pro) so that they can then see and use the text box building
block from their Text Box gallery.
I'm able to create the template with the building block and I send it to the
target system. As long as the target system has the template with the
building block open, everthing's fine (the text box BB shows up in the text
box Gallery in the category I created on the source machine). But if the
target machine doesn't open the template first, the only text box gallery
items are the built-in ones.
Does the target system have to open the template, insert the object into a
document and then manually select the object and add it to the gallery?