tepose tepose is offline
Junior Member

Default Problems with table of content

Hi!

I'll just start out with that I have Word 2011 for Mac, version 14.4.4, and I have OS X Version 10.9.4
I have a paper due soon, and a part of the assignment is to use Word's automatic table of content.

I have fixed all my headers with the style I want, but either Word will only put the first one of them in TOC, or none. I tried on another computer with Word 2010, but I still had the same problem there. Is there something in my document that is screwing the TOC up?

I tried to attach the file, but it was too big for this forum.

Hope someone can help me to understand what I'm doing wrong, I am a bit of a noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using Word's built-in heading styles for the heading paragraphs in
your document? How did you create the TOC in the first place?

For an introduction to TOCs, take a look at
http://shaunakelly.com/word/numberin...fcontents.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP