Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PhenyxFire

Default Bookmarks, hyperlinks and 'save as'

Hello!

I've developed a problem at work that no one has heard of and can't seem to
solve. I'm hoping someone here may have experienced it and can help.

I have two documents that contain bookmarks (IL1207 doc) and hyperlinks
(Procedures doc). In the past I've set up bookmarks in my IL1207 doc and then
created hyperlinks in my Procedures doc. Once that's done I would save both
documents, close them and never experience any saving problems. Now, when I
follow the process I've always done I suddenly find my IL1207 document
reverts to 'Read Only' status. It doesn't matter whether I've set up one
hyperlink on my Procedures doc or 20, as soon as I try to save my IL1207 doc
it shifts to 'Read Only'. I know, logic dictates that I just close the IL1207
doc after setting up all the bookmarks, but I've never had to before. This is
a massive document with over 100 pages and the bookmarks are scattered
depending on their location within the document. There are times where I'm
adding 15-20 bookmarks at one time. It's easier to do each bookmark and
hyperlink together rather than all the bookmarks first and the hyperlinks
second, but there's too much of an opportunity to miss one.

I'm operating on Windows 2000, with service pack 3 installed. A few weeks
ago my e-mail was upgraded to Outlook 2003, while the rest of my system
remains with Windows 2000, and that's when I started having problems.

I apologize for the length of this post. It's a hard problem to describe
without some detail. If anyone has any suggestions, or has experienced this
problem, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about it and/or some solutions.

Thank you!