Helpneeded

Default Impossible to get new page setting (Section) in page setup !!!

For the past day, I am unable to type a second page in any of my document
using word 2003. Older docs do open fine but new ones are limited to one
page.
Everytime time I try to change this setting (Continuous to new page) in
File-Page setup-Layout-section, I get the following message "increasing
right margins causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
uneavenly spaced columns".
Any suggestions ???? I did install acrobat pro lately.....

Thanks to anyone
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 03:09:02 -0700, "Helpneeded"
wrote:

For the past day, I am unable to type a second page in any of my document
using word 2003. Older docs do open fine but new ones are limited to one
page.
Everytime time I try to change this setting (Continuous to new page) in
File-Page setup-Layout-section, I get the following message "increasing
right margins causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
uneavenly spaced columns".
Any suggestions ???? I did install acrobat pro lately.....

Thanks to anyone

It seems you've gotten your Normal.dot template set to multiple
columns. This is a variation of a problem some people get with text or
other formatting being saved to Normal.dot.

Follow the procedure in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm to get
rid of it. Once you've opened Normal.dot as instructed, go to Format
Columns and click the One button (even if it's already selected) and
click OK. You must also do something to make Word think it needs to
save -- such as typing a space and then backspacing over it --
anything that makes the Undo button active will do. Then save.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Daiya Mitchell

Something has glitched out in your Normal.dot, which is the template all new
documents are based on by default. I *think*, from a memory of what I've
seen advised for this problem, that you want to open up Normal.dot, ctrl-a
to select all, and set it to a single column, even if it's already set that
way. If that doesn't work, then generate a new Normal.dot.

These links will tell you how to find and open Normal.dot, and regenerate it
if necessary:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

Re Acrobat Pro--if version 7--also see the last section of this page:
http://gmayor.com/lose_that_adobe_acrobat_toolbar.htm

As Acrobat 7 can interfere with customizing Normal.dot

On 7/31/05 3:09 AM, "Helpneeded" wrote:

For the past day, I am unable to type a second page in any of my document
using word 2003. Older docs do open fine but new ones are limited to one
page.
Everytime time I try to change this setting (Continuous to new page) in
File-Page setup-Layout-section, I get the following message "increasing
right margins causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having
uneavenly spaced columns".
Any suggestions ???? I did install acrobat pro lately.....

Thanks to anyone

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/