Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donna Wilson Donna Wilson is offline

Default Copy and Paste form field contents into another document.

We have created several forms using Word. Now we are trying to copy and past
this information into another program document. When we try to copy we must
first unprotect the fields (document) copy but when we paste the contents the
drop down items do not come across. Is there a way I can get all of the
information to be pasted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are you trying to copy the fields to create a new form or are you trying to
recover the data entered?
If the former, then unlock the form, select the field then copy and paste to
the new document. The dropdown field and all its entries should be copied.
If the latter, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm