Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Person trying to use office Person trying to use office is offline

Default Ribbon using 1/2 of screen suggestions?

I just installed the Word 2007, but the space between the icons is taking up
so much room I can only write on a 4 x 6 area. There are bars on all sides.
So I will have to take it off and go back to 2003 unless I find a way to
minimize the area and make the icons small. I have old eyes and cannot make
the text any smaller, so the following won't work after reading all the
posts I can find for 3 days.
1. DPI -I need it at the size it is to see the text for all the other
programs and what I am writing. 2.Screen resolution-same thing.
It is the icon size and all the empty space that is the problem.
I changed the Theme and that seemed to help a little, but not enough to make
it work keeping this very expensive suite of programs.

Any suggestions besides getting an Apple would be appreciated because that
is where I am going if I can't resolve this.