Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
krakaboi

Default viewing files saved on microdrive only recently if lost drive?

I saved a word document on a flash drive a few days ago, and have written one
more document on my laptop since. I only saved them to the drive, but i have
lost the drive. Is there any way to even just view the file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working within Word, act
as if your removable media drives do not exist! (This applies to floppy
drives, CDRW/CDR, flash drives or DVDR drives as well as any other kind of
removable media drives.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on removable media
Print a document on a removable media
Edit a document on a removable media
Save a document to a removable media (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on removable media drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

I know that for some with shared computers (libraries, schools) this is a
tough prescription. All I can recommend for that is to use a brand new
formatted disk each time you save and don't do any editing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.