Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin

Default Question about tables.

I have a 2-column table into which I want to
paste text.

If the first column of the table is too small
for the total text, how can I make the excess
flow into the second column of the table
automatically?

Please help, Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin

My text is in a text box, hence the need for
a table into which I can insert column-like
text.

Is a "newspaper column" the same thing as the
Word2003 column button? Are there different
types of columns?

Also, I notice that when I insert too much
text into the table in the text box the
excess text is not accessible with the cursor
so I have to CtrlA the area and reduce the
text to 6 or 7 or so just to cut and paste
the excess into the second column of the
table.

Regards,Frank

"Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote in message
You can't. For this type of text flow you
need newspaper-style columns.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post
all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Frank Martin" wrote in
message
I have a 2-column table into which I want
paste text.

If the first column of the table is too
small
for the total text, how can I make the
excess
flow into the second column of the table
automatically?

Please help, Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin

Thanks, this seems to be the solution. I can
even save the "overflow" textbox property to
the saved template.

Regards, Frank

wrote in message
You can't. For this type of text flow
you
need newspaper-style columns.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please
post
all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Frank Martin" wrote
in
message
I have a 2-column table into which I
want
paste text.

If the first column of the table is too
small
for the total text, how can I make the
excess
flow into the second column of the
table
automatically?

Please help, Frank

Exam question wrong about Word? Opinions, please! Jamie Furlong New Users 6 April 18th 06 11:56 AM
Changing format of multiple pre-created tables Wendy Microsoft Word Help 2 September 14th 05 08:55 AM
A tables question! C Tate Page Layout 3 July 19th 05 12:39 AM
When joining tables, table sections shift left or right. JEB01 Tables 1 January 17th 05 07:57 PM
Is there a way to "join" tables in Word 2003? Julian Turner Tables 3 October 28th 04 06:51 PM