Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Goku 316 Goku 316 is offline

Default Locking down a template but allow minor formatting

My boss asked me to create a corporate template for workers to type on.
Our template has a picture on top and 2 on the bottom so I placed them in
the header and footer.
The margins and picture formatting have been set and tested fine.

My boss specifically wants me to lock the template so that no one can edit
the header and footer but yet allows then to type in whatever fonts and
whatever minimum editing is needed.

So what I did was protect the form, limit the formatting (excluded the
header and footer). I also selected editing restrictions for filling in forms
and selected all sections.

All is good but if the users wants to change fonts and etc they cant.

Any suggestions.

Word 2003 sp 2

--
Goku 316
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Open the Protect Document task pane. At "Editing restrictions," don't choose
"Filling in forms"; instead, choose "No changes (Read only)." Then select the
whole document body and mark it as an exception, by clicking the "Everyone"
box under "Groups." Then click Yes, Start Enforcing Protection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Goku 316" wrote:

My boss asked me to create a corporate template for workers to type on.
Our template has a picture on top and 2 on the bottom so I placed them in
the header and footer.
The margins and picture formatting have been set and tested fine.

My boss specifically wants me to lock the template so that no one can edit
the header and footer but yet allows then to type in whatever fonts and
whatever minimum editing is needed.

So what I did was protect the form, limit the formatting (excluded the
header and footer). I also selected editing restrictions for filling in forms
and selected all sections.

All is good but if the users wants to change fonts and etc they cant.

Any suggestions.

Word 2003 sp 2

--
Goku 316

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Goku 316 Goku 316 is offline

Thank you very much for your response but i am now informed from my testers
that they are unable to add a text box...

at this time i don't want the users to edit the margins, header and footer..

the rest is okay for them to use..

i look forward to your response.
--
Goku 316

"Goku 316" wrote:

My boss asked me to create a corporate template for workers to type on.
Our template has a picture on top and 2 on the bottom so I placed them in
the header and footer.
The margins and picture formatting have been set and tested fine.

My boss specifically wants me to lock the template so that no one can edit
the header and footer but yet allows then to type in whatever fonts and
whatever minimum editing is needed.

So what I did was protect the form, limit the formatting (excluded the
header and footer). I also selected editing restrictions for filling in forms
and selected all sections.

All is good but if the users wants to change fonts and etc they cant.

Any suggestions.

Word 2003 sp 2

--
Goku 316

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Insert a frame instead of a text box: You can use the Insert Frame button on
the Forms toolbar.

For easy access, you can add the Insert Frame button to a toolbar of your
choice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]