Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aha aha is offline

Default Modifying a the Font of the TOC on a Word 2007 document

Hi,

The font in the body of the document I have created is in Arial.
However, when I create the TOC, it comes up in Cambria.
If I manually change the same, it reverts to Cambria when I regenerate
the TOC after changes to the document.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Modify the TOC styles (TOC 1, TOC 2, and so on) to have the desired
formatting. Here is one way to do it: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the
Styles pane. Click the Manage Styles button. On the Edit tab, locate each of
the TOC styles, click Modify, and then make the desired changes. To transfer
the settings to the attached template, use the "New documents based on this
template" option.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"aha" wrote in message
Hi,

The font in the body of the document I have created is in Arial.
However, when I create the TOC, it comes up in Cambria.
If I manually change the same, it reverts to Cambria when I regenerate
the TOC after changes to the document.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aha aha is offline

Thanks Stefan, problem solved.
Regards, Pavan

Thanks,

On Sep 26, 10:55*am, aha wrote:
Hi,

The font in the body of the document I have created is in Arial.
However, when I create the TOC, it comes up in Cambria.
If I manually change the same, it reverts to Cambria when I regenerate
the TOC after changes to the document.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Sep 26, 10:55 am, aha wrote:
Hi,

The font in the body of the document I have created is in Arial.
However, when I create the TOC, it comes up in Cambria.
If I manually change the same, it reverts to Cambria when I regenerate
the TOC after changes to the document.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Aha,

The font in the body of the document I have created is in Arial.
However, when I create the TOC, it comes up in Cambria.
If I manually change the same, it reverts to Cambria when I regenerate
the TOC after changes to the document.

When a TOC is generated it uses the TOC# styles to format its content.
So you need to change the style definitions.

Click on the Dialog launcher button at the bottom-right corner of the
"Styles" group in the Home tab. This will display the Styles taskpane.

At the bottom of the taskpane there are a number of buttons. Click the
third one "Manage styles".

Change the "Sort order" of the Edit tab to "alphabetical" then scroll
down until you find the TOC styles. Select (for example) TOC1, click
"Modify" then change the font.

Note: You'll notice, if you read the style definition, that it bases on
"Normal". If you change the definition of the Normal style to use Arial
(rather than applying the font formatting directly to the document text)
then the TOC should automatically change to display Arial.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aha aha is offline

Thanks Cindy. The detailed instructions made it clear.
another query, How can I change the "Normal' style to Arial....I did
not quite 'get' it from the response.

Regards, Pavan
On Sep 26, 8:07*pm, Cindy M. wrote:
Hi Aha,

[...]

INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Aha,

How can I change the "Normal' style to Arial

Display the Styles task pane.

Find "Normal" in the list, hover the mouse over it, then
click the dropdown arrow that appears at the right. Select
"Modify".

Select the font you want to use. Make sure "Only in this
document" is activated (unless you want to write this back
to the template from which the document was created). OK.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)