Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lwittern lwittern is offline

Default auto correct formatted text

I want to make an auto correct entry that will make the completed entry
italicized. But the option to do so on my auto correct menu is grayed out.
How can I get that option to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Format the text select it and then run the autocorrect tool.

lwittern wrote:
I want to make an auto correct entry that will make the completed
entry italicized. But the option to do so on my auto correct menu is
grayed out. How can I get that option to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnJ[_2_] JohnJ[_2_] is offline

Word 2003
Type word and format it with Italics then highlight the word
Go to Tools AutoCorrect
Replace: Type Name for Autocorrect
Check radiobutton Formatted

"lwittern" wrote in message ...
I want to make an auto correct entry that will make the completed entry
italicized. But the option to do so on my auto correct menu is grayed out.
How can I get that option to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Type the replacement text in the document and format it as desired. Then
select it and choose Tools | AutoCorrect Options. You'll see the text
you typed in the "With" box. Click the "Formatted" option. In the
"Replace" box, enter the text you want to be automatically corrected.
Click Add, and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP