mstang_01

Default Word global template changes.

Whenever I close down MS Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The file
Normal already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" I click on
No and it takes me to a Save As dialog box and defaults to save as normal
document template. Then a blue, blank Microsoft Word page comes up. I close
out the box and another box appears that says "Changes have been made that
affect the global template, Normal. Do you want to save those changes?" I
click no and it all closes out only to reappear next time I close out MS
Outlook. I have already lost some files that were in MS Word since this
problem began and I can't run Powerpoint (pps.) presentations.

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
Having cleared the temp files, take a copy of normal.dot for safe keeping
then when you get the prompt to save normal.dot answer yes.
If that doesn't fix it, check out
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm