worried office worker

Default Why doesn't my spell checker work even though it's activated?

My word spell checker doesn't work even though it is activated. When
importing text into word the spell and grammer checker operate correctly. I
have tried re-activating the checker to no avail. I even re-installed office
but the checker stubbornly refuses to work. Any suggestions will be most
welcome.

Select the text that is not being checked. Go to Tools | Language | Set
Language and make sure that the correct language is selected and that "Do
not check spelling and grammar" is not checked.