Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rickray1 rickray1 is offline

Default what to do when numbering style dropdown doesn't have what you nee

I've got an outline scheme where my first level is ARTICLE I - roman numeral
for the 1st level - level two needs to be 1.1, 1.2, etc. - but when I click
previous level number it inserts a roman numeral; I need it non-roman number
in level 2; in general, I'm wondering how I can insert characters WHICH
UPDATE in a numbering scheme, when they are not offered in the numbering
style dropdown menu - let's say they offer .01, .02 - and I want .1, .2 - how
do I get the control to create the characters I need to update - right now
without using "previous level", I'm just getting the 1 updating character,
the ".1" - I want to insert an updating character in front of it, a 1 - so
that when I go to Article II, it will be 2.1, 2.2 - without having to
manually insert the 2 - I heard someone say this is "building" a level - but
I don't see any info on it - much appreciated for info on how to do this -
doesn't seem like it should be hard, but I can't seem to figure out how -
thank you.