schmeckendeugler

Default word should not reorient the dimensions of a page when I change

word should not reorient the dimensions of a page when I change the text
direction.

GOSH!!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

schmeckendeugler

I found a work-around. i was trying to print envelopes for wedding RSVP so I
put "a6" type paper or whatever; it woudl show up as a rectangle on the
screen. so i type my address. in my printer the envelpes must go in sideways
so the printer was printing the addy vertically instead of horizontally.

So, i change the text direction to vertical, but instead of merely altering
the direction of the text, it also rotated the entire "page", so that it was
4 x 5 instead of 5 x 4, and then voila, still printed wrong.

so i just made a text box with vertical text in it to outsmart word.

thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you elaborate on this?

"schmeckendeugler" wrote in
message ...
word should not reorient the dimensions of a page when I change the text
direction.

GOSH!!!!

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

Instead of changing the text direction, you should change the page
orientation to landscape. It will still be displayed the same on your
screen, but the text will be rotated when you print.

"schmeckendeugler" wrote in
message ...
I found a work-around. i was trying to print envelopes for wedding RSVP so

put "a6" type paper or whatever; it woudl show up as a rectangle on the
screen. so i type my address. in my printer the envelpes must go in

sideways
so the printer was printing the addy vertically instead of horizontally.

So, i change the text direction to vertical, but instead of merely

altering
the direction of the text, it also rotated the entire "page", so that it

was
4 x 5 instead of 5 x 4, and then voila, still printed wrong.

so i just made a text box with vertical text in it to outsmart word.

thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you elaborate on this?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"schmeckendeugler" wrote in
message ...
word should not reorient the dimensions of a page when I change the

text
direction.

GOSH!!!!

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then