Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rapid

Default How do I edit scanned documents opened in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Was it scanned as OCR? If not, you can't - it's just a picture.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rapid

At first yes it was! when the scan opened in word it did not look the same as
the hard copy i had a photo in the document that was messing things up bit so
i thought it would be better if i modified it first got rid of the photo and
opened that up in word!

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Was it scanned as OCR? If not, you can't - it's just a picture.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Welcome to the fun world of OCR converted documents. Most OCR software makes
a complete dog's breakfast of formatting. If your software is limiting your
formatting, scan it as plain text omitting the graphic and add the
formatting yourself or you are in for a long and painstaking task.

Otherwise you may have to treat yourself to some better OCR software - my
choice would be Finereader. Not perfect, but getting there