Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dale F

Default How do I can default settings for inserted pictures

Each time I insert a picture (jpg) into a Word document I must go into
"Format Picture/Layout/Advanced" and unselect "move with text", "allow
overlap" and "layout in table cell" to insure the picture does not "lock
itself" to the top or bottom of the page it is inserted into.

Is there a way to either stop the picture locking up to the top (or down to
the bottom) or a way to change the defaults so I don't need to go into Format
Picture for each insert. We do reports with many inserted pictures so this
gets old fast.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

With earlier versions you needed a registry patch (that came in one of the
templates provided with the application)