Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cassmummy

Default How do I restore missing toolbars when none are showing

When I open microsoft word, the page appears but I have no toolbars at all
showing. I have tried right clicking on different areas to no avail. I am
unable to locate anything that will let me see or reset or show my
toolbars... Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

cassmummy wrote:
When I open microsoft word, the page appears but I have no toolbars
at all showing. I have tried right clicking on different areas to no
avail. I am unable to locate anything that will let me see or reset
or show my toolbars... Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan.

To fix the problem, you need to close Word and delete one of the following
Registry keys:

For Word 97:

\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\ Word\Data

for Word 2000:

\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\ Word\Data

for Word 2002:

\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Word\Data

A clean key will automatically be created when you restart Word.

Alternatively, rather than delete the €śData€ť key itself, you can delete
either €śSettings€ť or the €śToolbars€ť value within the Data key €“ if your menus
and toolbars are corrupt but your other settings are OK, just delete the
Toolbars value and you won't lose your preferred settings.