Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter

Default Create additional formats for tracking changes

Good day everyone. I would like to be able to set the format for tracking
changes differently than what I can select from the Tools/Options menu in
Word2000. Specifically, I would like to track inserted text as
red,bold,italic - so it stands out on both printed and electronic copy. I
would think there is a macro that could do this, but I don't know how to
write them. I found one that I thought would be similar and tried to massage
it a bit, but essentially just wrecked it. Thank you for your help.
--
Have a great day everyone!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Peter wrote:
Good day everyone. I would like to be able to set the format for
tracking changes differently than what I can select from the
Tools/Options menu in Word2000. Specifically, I would like to track
inserted text as red,bold,italic - so it stands out on both printed
and electronic copy. I would think there is a macro that could do
this, but I don't know how to write them. I found one that I thought
would be similar and tried to massage it a bit, but essentially just
wrecked it. Thank you for your help.

Hi Peter,

Here's the macro you need:

Sub ReformatInserts()
Dim oRev As Revision
For Each oRev In ActiveDocument.Revisions
If oRev.Type = wdRevisionInsert Then
With oRev.Range
.Italic = True
.Bold = True