Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allen Allen is offline

Default Keeping tracking feature of Word turned off.

I send out to a supplier requesting a typed written response set up in Word
document I have created. When it leaves by e-mail the tracking feature is
turned off. But when received by the supplier the tracking feature is turned
on automaticlly. I have tried sending the same document to on-site
associates and get the same results. How can this feature been turned off
and stay off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What version of Word and Outlook are you using? What do you mean by
"tracking feature is turned on"? Is Track Changed enabled in the
document (does TRK display in bold in the status bar)? Or is the
Reviewing toolbar displaying when the document is opened?

If the latter then see if this article is what you are looking for:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Allen" wrote in message
news
I send out to a supplier requesting a typed written response set up
in Word
document I have created. When it leaves by e-mail the tracking
feature is
turned off. But when received by the supplier the tracking feature
is turned
on automaticlly. I have tried sending the same document to on-site
associates and get the same results. How can this feature been
turned off
and stay off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allen Allen is offline

Version 2003 of Word and Outlook. The document I send out has the tracking
feature off, but after it is completed and returned by e-mail it is turned on
and the response is marked up with lines and baloons.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What version of Word and Outlook are you using? What do you mean by
"tracking feature is turned on"? Is Track Changed enabled in the
document (does TRK display in bold in the status bar)? Or is the
Reviewing toolbar displaying when the document is opened?

If the latter then see if this article is what you are looking for:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Allen" wrote in message
news
I send out to a supplier requesting a typed written response set up
in Word
document I have created. When it leaves by e-mail the tracking
feature is
turned off. But when received by the supplier the tracking feature
is turned
on automaticlly. I have tried sending the same document to on-site
associates and get the same results. How can this feature been
turned off
and stay off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Assuming you're referring to Track Changes - Once Track Changes is turned on
in a document the changes that get tracked will be displayed in the doc
until such time as ALL changes are either Accepted or Rejected & Track
Changes is *then* turned OFF.

Turning Off the Track Changes feature while changes still exist (without
Accepting/Rejecting) in the doc only prevents further changes from being
tracked.

Before you send the doc out, accept/reject your changes & turn the Track
Changes feature off.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Allen" wrote in message
news
I send out to a supplier requesting a typed written response set up in Word
document I have created. When it leaves by e-mail the tracking feature is
turned off. But when received by the supplier the tracking feature is
turned
on automaticlly. I have tried sending the same document to on-site
associates and get the same results. How can this feature been turned off
and stay off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allen Allen is offline

As I have stated in the previous message the Microsoft Word 2003 document is
checked to insure the tracking feature is turn off. But when it is received
and typing is done to complete my questions for a return to me. The feature
is some how turning back on. I have sent this document to an associate who
sets next to me and and as I view the typing the tracking was taking place.

Could it be a software issue with my system only?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Assuming you're referring to Track Changes - Once Track Changes is turned on
in a document the changes that get tracked will be displayed in the doc
until such time as ALL changes are either Accepted or Rejected & Track
Changes is *then* turned OFF.

Turning Off the Track Changes feature while changes still exist (without
Accepting/Rejecting) in the doc only prevents further changes from being
tracked.

Before you send the doc out, accept/reject your changes & turn the Track
Changes feature off.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Allen" wrote in message
news
I send out to a supplier requesting a typed written response set up in Word
document I have created. When it leaves by e-mail the tracking feature is
turned off. But when received by the supplier the tracking feature is
turned
on automaticlly. I have tried sending the same document to on-site
associates and get the same results. How can this feature been turned off
and stay off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Could you email me an example file? I can check it out for you to see
if there's anything in the file causing the issue.

To obtain a valid email address, remove NoSpam4Me:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ:
http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Assuming you're referring to Track Changes - Once Track Changes is
turned on
in a document the changes that get tracked will be displayed in the
doc
until such time as ALL changes are either Accepted or Rejected &
Track
Changes is *then* turned OFF.

Turning Off the Track Changes feature while changes still exist
(without
Accepting/Rejecting) in the doc only prevents further changes from
being
tracked.

Before you send the doc out, accept/reject your changes & turn the
Track
Changes feature off.

--
HTH |:)