Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfoszcz

Default Can't find SOURCE of inserted date!

I have a template that has an incorrect date field being automatically
inserted whenever the template is opened. I deleted the template and
recreated it with the correct date codes, but I'm still getting the "old"
incorrect date in the template - along with my new date.

I've looked in NORMAL.DOT, but can't find the date insertion in the global
template. I deleted NORMAL.DOT so it could be recreated - but the two dates
STILL show up in the template I've changed - both the old incorrect date
format and the new correct format.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening - or better yet - how can I find
out where the old INCORRECT date is being supplied from? I'd appreciate any
guidance...

Russ Foszcz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Presumably you have some kind of date field. Press Alt+F9 to see what kind
of field it is; then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm for information to help
you substitute the appropriate field.

"rfoszcz" wrote in message
I have a template that has an incorrect date field being automatically
inserted whenever the template is opened. I deleted the template and
recreated it with the correct date codes, but I'm still getting the "old"
incorrect date in the template - along with my new date.

I've looked in NORMAL.DOT, but can't find the date insertion in the global
template. I deleted NORMAL.DOT so it could be recreated - but the two

dates
STILL show up in the template I've changed - both the old incorrect date
format and the new correct format.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening - or better yet - how can I

find
out where the old INCORRECT date is being supplied from? I'd appreciate

any
guidance...

Russ Foszcz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

of Just a suggestion - but try looking in the header of your document.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"rfoszcz" wrote:

I have a template that has an incorrect date field being automatically
inserted whenever the template is opened. I deleted the template and
recreated it with the correct date codes, but I'm still getting the "old"
incorrect date in the template - along with my new date.

I've looked in NORMAL.DOT, but can't find the date insertion in the global
template. I deleted NORMAL.DOT so it could be recreated - but the two dates
STILL show up in the template I've changed - both the old incorrect date
format and the new correct format.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening - or better yet - how can I find
out where the old INCORRECT date is being supplied from? I'd appreciate any
guidance...

Russ Foszcz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfoszcz

Suzanne -

This was exactly the problem. It hit me like a "revelation" after I posted
this message that I used the macro recorder to record the AUTONEW macro to
insert the date into the template - THEN forgot to delete the date that was
inserted by the recording. When I saved the template and reopened it - the
original date was there (from the recording of the macro) and then the
AUTONEW macro inserted the date a 2nd time!

Sometimes my stupidity astounds even me! Thanks for the post - you were
correct in assuming that there was a field inserted...

Russ

"rfoszcz" wrote in message
I have a template that has an incorrect date field being automatically
inserted whenever the template is opened. I deleted the template and
recreated it with the correct date codes, but I'm still getting the "old"
incorrect date in the template - along with my new date.

I've looked in NORMAL.DOT, but can't find the date insertion in the global
template. I deleted NORMAL.DOT so it could be recreated - but the two

dates
STILL show up in the template I've changed - both the old incorrect date
format and the new correct format.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening - or better yet - how can I

find
out where the old INCORRECT date is being supplied from? I'd appreciate

any
guidance...

Russ Foszcz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You really don't need a macro to do this. If you just put the date field in
your template, it will be in every document based on the template. If it's a
CreateDate field, it will reflect the date the document was created (even
though the template will always show its own creation date).

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Presumably you have some kind of date field. Press Alt+F9 to see what

kind
of field it is; then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm for information to

help